Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Best Part Of Her

I have never met anyone so beautiful
She was cheerful but subtle
Like nature intended, she was menopausing
Yet she was young; exuberant

As I go to greet her
She whispers in my ear
Her breath is cool on my neck
I shiver, it tingles

She elates me
When I walk, it’s not on pavement
She sheds the best of herself at my feet
Allowing cushion to my tiring feet

She knows what I love
I think as I taste her
Her breathe once again cool, refreshing
However, her breathe warns: there are cooler things to come

She caresses my face
Touch as soft as an angel’s
She teases me and ruffles my hair
She knows what I love

As I begin to crave her, to miss her
She presents a part of herself to me
Her skin is tan, olive like, but darker
Her skin is wrinkled, aged

Her hair glistens in the sun
It highlights the beautiful shades in her hair
It’s as if someone splattered different shades of paint on her
Beautiful, a piece of art

I hesitate as I sniff her smell
It’s expected yet surprising
The smell of rain touches my nostrils
It was sweet, dry


She surprises me with her beauty
Every time we meet
She waives goodbye as rain turns to snow
Till we meet again, my dear sweet autumn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOWSERS...I love love love this! I love "She elates me when I walk, it's not on pavement. She sheds the best part of herself at my feet."

Very good writing...I'M SOO PROUD OF YOU!